Monday, May 23, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

FOR TODAY - May 23, 2011

Outside my window... It's been a beautiful day with a little sunshine, some rain and it's actually not too cold!  We got lots of rain this morning, just enough to water the garden.

I am thinking...  I know, I know, I'm thinking how long it's been since I blogged - that seems to be my theme lately!  Isn't it funny how quickly you can get out of the habit of blogging?  Everyday I think about something that I want to blog about . . . an then it's gone . . . I'm a daydreamer, and my mind wanders . . . I'm going to try harder, I promise!

I am thankful for... My beautiful granddaughter - Taylor Jo. 


She helped me plant the garden over the week-end!  She loved it, and I love her! 

From the learning rooms... The last few months have been a learning experience for me.  With the birth of two new grandchildren, I have learned that I certainly do not have the energy and stamina that I used to have!  I have also learned that getting over a sickness takes twice as long as it used to take!  I would like to think that I will always be as agile and as full of life as I was when I was 20, but as Muhammad Ali says - The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20, has wasted 30 years of his life!  So  . . . onward and upward!

From the kitchen... Tonight - grilled chicken, Corn on the cob, and fresh asparagus . . . I may top it off with a thick slice of watermelon . . . yummy!

I am wearing... Jeans and a blue and white striped t-shirt - no socks!

I am creating... My creative juices are running very thin!  Although, I did make a very cute car seat cover for Clara - very cute, wish I had taken a picture of it!  I am going to make some aprons for Averi and a new skirt for Emily . . . soon!

I am going... to be taking lots of pictures with my new camera!!  My husband bought me a new camera for our wedding anniversary - a Kodak Easyshare Max, I love it!  It has some very fun features and takes wonderful pictures!  So of course, I have been taking random pictures of everything and everyone - just because it's so fun!

Daddy and Clara - true love!

Our sweet little Clara is a binki baby - it's almost as big as she is!

 Where did it go?  Isn't she a cute little peanut?

Jessica and Nathan - he's such a big boy, and not even 3 months old in this picture!  I could just pinch those little fat cheeks!

Caleb's not a baby anymore - but he sleeps like one...adorable!  I just love his little cotton-top!

Gotta love em'!  It's hard to believe that they were little once... :0(

I kind of like the mask - it hides a multitude of problems!

Averi has been working so hard on getting dressed by herself, and she's doing so good!  Go Averi!


One night when I was soooo sick,  my husband came home with a dozen red roses - I felt better immediately . . . thank you again honey!

A beautiful little Western Tanager eating from the bird feeder - I love these cute little birds!

I am reading...  I haven't even had time to read!  But...I do have a library book by my bed, does that count?

I am hoping... And praying for all those in Missouri who were affected by the tornado's - my love goes out to all my friends in that part of the country - be safe.

I am hearing... The music on my computer - Connie Frances, singing "Where the Boys are".  I changed the playlist on my blog, I love oldies.

Around the house...  Trying to catch up on laundry and blogging!  I can't wait to read every blog!

One of my favorite things...

The smell of a spicy carnation, right from the garden!

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Tomorrow is Emily's pre-school graduation - can't miss that!
Wednesday - Lunch and a Dr. Appointment with mom and sis!
Thursday - Haircut and hopefully lunch with my daughter's other mother... :0)
Friday - Picking up my daughter's kids for the week-end while they are on vacation - lots of fun!
Saturday - My husbands birthday, food, fun and cake!
Sunday - Church.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

May 21st was Chris and Diana's first wedding anniversary!  I can hardly believe everything that has happened in a year!  This was a picture I got of a stolen kiss after they cut the cake...precious.

'Love is a symbol of eternity.  It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end. ' 
~Author Unknown~
Hugs,


Go here to read other daybook entries from amazing women!
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...