Thursday, December 9, 2010
A Christmas meme . . .
I have loved reading some of the Christmas meme's that some of you have put on your blogs - thought I would join in on the fun!! Go check out The Farmer's Daughter and Sand Flat Farm, they are both so fun!
1. Hot Chocolate or Apple Cider?
Believe it or not, I'm not much of a chocoholic! Apple Cider!
2. Turkey or Ham?
Definately turkey, but we usually have both, hubby likes ham.
3. Do you get a fake or real-you-cut-it-yourself Christmas tree?
I have a fake tree - it's a long story, but because of all the grief it's caused me, I will keep it forever - besides, it's a pretty fake tree... :0)
4. Decorations on the outside of your house?
I have never been an outside Christmas light person - we usually have so much snow and wind that they never look really pretty.
5. Snowball fights or sleddin’?
I love to go sleddin'! Haven't done it in quite a few years (I'm old!!) but it would be fun!
6. Do you enjoy going downtown shopping?
Downtown shopping - YES, mall shopping - NO.
7. Favorite Christmas song?
I love Christmas music and have many favorites, but O Holy Night has to be my all time favorite followed by Silent Night.
8. How do you feel about Christmas movies
Love Christmas movies - White Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, The Grinch, A Christmas Carol, A Christmas Story...I love them all!
9. When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music?
Is it ever too soon to start listening to Christmas music?
10. Stockings before or after presents?
We don't do stockings - we did sometimes when my kids were little, but not anymore.
11. Go to someone else’s house or they come to you?
We usually do a Christmas dinner or party at my house right before Christmas, I don't like to drag my grandkids away from their toys on Christmas Day. Sometimes we go visit them, it usually depends on the weather!
12. Do you read the Christmas Story? If so when?
I love to read the Christmas story! Last year we did a Nativity. We dressed the kids all up and someone read the Christmas story, it was very fun!
13. What do you do after presents and dinner?
Dishes, visit, eat!
14. What is your favorite holiday smell?
I'm kind of a spicy girl - I love cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg all mixed up with vanilla and sugar and a little pine.
15. Ice skating or walking around the mall?
When I was a girl, I loved to ice skate!! It would be pretty comical to see me on ice skates today!
16. Do you open a present or presents on Christmas Eve, or wait until Christmas day?
We like to have homemade pizza on Christmas Eve, or at our Christmas party and then let the kids open their gifts. When my kids were small, I always made them a pair of pajamas,
so I would have them open them - I still do that sometimes.
17. Favorite Christmas memory?
My favorite memory would have to be going to my grandparents church on Christmas Eve to see the children act in the Nativity. Their multi-purpose room was in the basement of the church and they had a little stage that the children would perform on. Afterwords, Santa would come and give us a little paper sack with an orange, a candy cane and a few pieces of hard candy in it. Then, my grandfather would make everyone an icecream cone! On the way home, my father would always spot Rudolf's nose in the sky . . . I was sure I saw it too!!
18. Favorite Part about winter?
Even though I complain about snow, I love it! I don't like slick roads, but I love snow!
19. Ever been kissed under mistletoe?
Of course!! oxoxox SMACK oxoxox