Sunday, August 15, 2010

Thoughtful Spot Sunday . . .


 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake
  ~ Psalm 23:1-3

When I read  these words, it's seems so easy to put myself under that protection, to put myself in those green pastures by still waters.  But, when I get caught up in the business of the daily grind, far, far away from the still waters and green pastures, do I always listen for His voice?  Or am I so busy trying to accomplish this or that, or postponing one thing so that I can somehow fit something else in, that I don't wait to be guided by Him?  Am I so consumed with what seems urgent at the time, that I don't pay attention to what I should be paying attention to?  Do I follow my Shepherd?  I need to think about that.

I often wish I could somehow put life on hold, for just a little while.  But, life does not wait for us.  All the jobs and responsibilities and duties of life need to be done, they are the fabric of our earthy life.

What I can do,  is remember this scripture, silently hum the song and remember the words.  I can remember the green pasture and the still water.  I can remember the Lord, who is my Shepherd.

Today and always, let me try harder to slow down, take life as it comes, live life with more passions and love, but most importantly  . . . listen to His voice.

Have a blessed Sunday,

Hugs and love,

9 comments:

Kimmie said...

An important lesson I have learnt over time is to just "BE"

To be in the moment and focus on the moment and what I am doing and not running ahead with my thoughts as to what else needs doing etc.
This way I give whatever I am doing in that moment my full attention, do a beter job and enjoy what I am doing more.

Heartpoet was much slower to learn this lesson and the universe stepped in with a HUGE wakeup call for him a few years back. Something so horrible happened yet with time he can now see the lesson to be learnt from that day. He is still haunted by that day in so many ways as am I. It was the worst day of my life and I am sure his. However from this horrible day he has learnt so much.

I might try to be brave and find the words and share on my private blog about that day.


Hugs n luv

Kimmie
x

Janean said...

barb, i agree about wanting to have a button to put Life on hold at times, but if everyone gets one....ugh! LOL.

i don't lag behind though as much as scramble ahead. that's a real problem for me. *sigh* i need the Great Shepherd's care!!!

Just Ramblin' said...

Thank you, Barb, for your timely blog and picture. I needed that! It is so easy to get caught up in life that we fail to pause for a moment and focus upon the "important" things of life. I loved the picture and the feeling of peace that came to me as I viewed it. A few years back I did this little stitchery that I have sitting out as a reminder to "listen" and "follow" and have since made it for several friends: "Listen for the silence...only then can you hear the Lord speak." It helps me to remember to take time to meditate, study, and focus. Also reminds me who is really in charge. Thanks again for your timely and sweet message. Nola

LeAnn said...

I always like to read your thoughts because they are some of mine too. How did we get so busy that we don't take the time to just enjoy the moments. I think I will ponder on these thoughts and perhaps take a nap.
Hugs and Love to you all! LeAnn

Beth at Aunties said...

I love this and was thinking today about the Still waters. You ahve a true gift which always makes me feel better and want to DO better!
Listening to the still small voice is the only way we will make it through where we want to go:)

Vickie said...

Hi Barb - you always have such a way with words - I always enjoy your thoughts! Thanks for stopping by to visit. I've been MIA alot this summer - we've been SO busy!!! I'm kinda ready to settle down and get back to my normal schedule.

Great new picture of you! I almost thought I had a new commenter! Your camping trip looked SO fun with your grandkids. They are precious and I know ya'll had a great time! That was a beautiful place you went with clear and sparkly air and the clouds were beautiful.

I enjoy Wyeth's paintings, too. Heck I just enjoy ART, and I know you do, too!

Susan B said...

Hi Barb,
A beautiful post! Life does get so busy sometimes it is easy to lose focus, and get caught up in the daily grind...thank you for the reminder to stop and listen for His voice.

Have a wonderful day!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Your posts are often just what I need to read. Thanks! Have a great day, Cheryl

Simply Heart And Home said...

Barb,

That is one of my favorite verses. It has brought me comfort on many occasions.

Blessings,

Gina

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...