Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bunny Love . . .

I have a love for bunnies - I don't know why, the only experience I have ever had with them has not been good!  If any of you have ever decided to have a bunny for a pet you will understand.  Anyway . . . I will spare you the gory details and just tell you about this lovely little bunny.  He is made of gloves, the kind you buy at the hardware store - I bought a package of 12 for $9.99 at Cal-Stores. 

I saw Martha Stewart make one a long time ago,  here is the link to watch a video of her making one, they are really very easy,  http://www.marthastewart.com/article/glove-animals .  The first one I made was trial and error, but it still turned out so cute. They have cute little faces, that all turn out different, and you can do so much with.  I like them to be a little bit simple, just because kids like simple faces, too much froo froo takes away from the charm of these little pets.  Emily will be the proud owner of this little friend, I know she will love him!  I'm going to make a puppy for Caleb, you make it the same way, only you fold the ears down instead of stuffing them and keeping them up.  They are so cute and very individual - each one has it's own charming little personality.

 
Here comes Peter Cottontail,
Hoppin’ down the bunny trail,
Look at him stop,
and listen to him say:
“Try to do the things you should.”
Maybe if you’re extra good,
He’ll roll lots of Easter eggs your way.
 
Blessings,

6 comments:

Karen Beth said...

Oh my goodness, they are adorable. I need to make some.

Packrat said...

That is so cute! Yes, Emily will love it.

We have "dark and gloomy" today.

The Halls said...

How cute is that little guy. I love simple, cute crafts. Love, Laura

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Awwww, I like bunnies too. But never attempted to raise them. :-)

And what a cute stanza to the "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" song. Never heard that one before.

^_^

Barb said...

Karen - Today was so fun, thanks again! Love you.

Cindy - These are so fun to make! I'm glad you liked it. Sorry it was gloomy today - we had some high clouds, but pretty nice toward afternoon. I just want the rain to come and melt the snow! Hopefully tomorrow. Hugs

Laura - We will have to make one for your future son or daughter - so excited to find out which! Love you.

Aunt Amelia - Don't ever raise rabbits - just telling you, it's not fun, they eat their young! :>( I love that verse to the song, you don't hear it often, so I thought I would include it. Thanks for stopping!

Susan B said...

Hi Barb,
That is the cutest little bunny!

My husband and I had a pet bunny in the first years of our marriage...Frankie...he was so sweet. :o)

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...