Saturday, December 26, 2009

Reflections . . .


I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas filled with love and family!  I have been very blessed this year - thanks to all of you who make my life so meaningful, I love you very much!

It's time for me to start reflecting and thinking about the past year and to try and learn from the life lessons that have come my way.  Some have been good, some bad, but, I would like to learn from the good and bad.  I have made a list of a few of the things that I have been thinking about - I'm going to write this list in a journal and really think about them and write down my thoughts about each one:

1.     Where and when did I show love?
2.     What worked in my life this past year? What did not work?
3.     What brought me happiness/disappointment?
4.     What were my greatest challenges/lessons?
5.     What am I most proud of ? What do I most regret?
6.     What attitudes and actions will I take with me into the new year? Which ones do I want to keep in this   year?
7.      What negative emotions did I shift/gain?
8.      When did I follow my intuition?
9.      How did I grow, improve, and expand myself?
10.    Where was I successful?
11.    What do I want my goals to be for 2010?

I know that each one of us have had lessons in life this past year - I hope to reflect on them and change the things I can, and learn from the things I can't change.  I would like to treasure some experiences and keep them forever in my heart, others, I would like to learn from and throw away.  Life is not perfect - we are given these life lessons and challenges so that we can grow.  The start of a new year is a time that you can look forward, not backward -  forgive yourself and start with a clean slate, learn from the life lessons of the past year.   I feel that for me, one of the most valuable lessons I have learned this past year,  is that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.  Good luck with your journey!



Blessings, Barb

 

2 comments:

The WIlloughby Family said...

Good reflections!!! David's talk yesterday was all about starting new and being "born again" in a sense as comes with the new year. New years resolutions are one of my favorite things to do every year, sometimes it takes me a couple weeks other times a couple hours. I love to read over last years goals to see what I accomplished and what I want to try again.

Kimmie said...

Lovely reflections :]

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...