Thursday, August 2, 2018

Goodbye July . . . Welcome August . . .

I can hardly believe that it's already August...the days are getting shorter, the leafs rustle a little different in the wind, the skies are smokey and filled with grain dust, the stores are filled with new tablets, paper and my favorite...big boxes of bright, sharp, coloring crayons!

Last month seemed to be full of fun, but also a bit lazy.  It's been so hot - high 90's most days - that it's hard to do too much outside, so we mostly stayed inside to keep cool.  It will usually cool down around 8:30, and that's a perfect time for me to do what I love...take photos of the sunset!  Here are a few of my favs from July.






I also love to take photos of an...almost full moon.


And the Blood Moon...


And something I haven't taken a picture of for a while...my husband on a horse.  He used to train horses, so when this little lady decided to buck, he decided it was time to tune her up...it worked!


And this cute girl with the same horse...have I told you how much she loves horses?!


These two little grands loving each other's company, they just love to play with each other...so much fun!  They both have wild imaginations and it keeps them busy for hours.


And this cutie-patootie, taking over grandpa's chair!  Oh, how I love that face!


Fireworks in the backyard on the 4th of July!



A glimpse of the, Grand Tetons from the Idaho side.


We even went to the bull fights...;0)


Camping was fun, until we were carried away by mosquitoes...we came home early... :0(


But, we will be leaving again soon, for our big family camping trip...7 days of bliss!  I can hardly wait!  I guess I better get moving, I have laundry to do and lists to make!

Happy August!!  Have fun and be safe!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

12 comments:

Kerin said...

Gorgeous skies!! You've got a talent for capturing the feeling of a summer sky!
Your Grands are so adorable!
We've just got one Grand, but having Grands really is the best!

Oh, the smoky, murky skies.. boo. I am hoping for some good thunderstorms (sans lightning) and for all this gunk for wash out of the sky.
My sweet husband is going through withdrawls from fishing.. LOL! Too smokey to enjoy the lakes right now.
Have a wonderful time on your campout and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Thanks for the warm welcome back.
Gee.. I really had no intention of letting time get away from me like that.

Have a happy day.
~K.

LeAnn said...

Of course, you know that I love this one. Spectacular photos that I can love for more than one reason. You take some marvelous shots.
Then of course, I loved that man of yours on-the horse and then to make it even better a photo of our gorgeous granddaughter, Taylor Jo.
You do have some adorable grandkids and I smiled at all the cute photos.
I envy your camping trips; maybe someday. Have a wonderful time on your 7 day family camping trip. I will look forward to your photos from that one.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs!

Billie Jo said...

Barb!
Such amazing photos!!!!
How do you get the pictures of the moon?????
Always enjoy visiting with you, dear friend.
Have a cozy evening!

Cindy said...

I love to sit outside but as the sun goes down the bugs come out in full force! I think I need a screened-in porch. :) That sunset photo with the sunbeams is absolutely gorgeous!

Gina said...

Barb, I love your sunset photographs! Your grands are so adorable as is your husband on the horse. Have a lovely camping trip! xx

Sue said...

I always look forward to a post from you Barb, I know I will see beautiful photos of your beautiful family, nature and your state. I also love hearing about your adventures, I truly enjoy camping but haven't in a very long time. I also love horses but have ridden in a long time either. I guess it must be age. ~wink~
Thank you for your sweet thoughts and prayers, I am home doing well and looking forward to returning back to normal.
Enjoy this special time with family.
Blessings,
Sue

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Love the photos you captured of your grands.
They are adorable.

Your hubby looks good on a horse.

Have a blast on your little getaway. Sounds like heaven.

Marsha said...

Your sunset photos are amazing. You really capture the moment of the evening. And your moon photos are out of this world. I've tried numerous times to get a great moon picture but it never works....most always seems to turn out blurry. And....your family fun time are treasures you'll have forever. Fun Blog. XOXO

Gina said...

Barb! You are the winner of the Touches of August giveaway! I'll mail your goodies asap! {{HUGS}}

Jill said...

Beautiful sunsets!! All the pictures are lovely and it's so great to see kids playing outside and enjoying their imaginations! Mosquitos have been awful here too, keeps me in, in the evenings :-( I must say I'm ready for fall though, these 90-100 degree temperatures are getting to be too much! Enjoy the rest of your week!

Blessings,
Jill

Shug said...

Ooooo....I'm so jealous of all the beauty that surrounds you.!! Hoping the California fires are not effecting your skies. Girl...I can't wait for your big camping trip...can't wait to see all the gorgeous pictures that I know you will be posting. I can only imagine what it is like to do a week of camping! Love the pictures of your sweet precious family..... hugs to you barb.

Anonymous said...

All such utterly lovely things....sunsets, family, nature, and camping to come! Summer is wonderful.

Leap Day . . .

  I need to hurry and get this post up before tomorrow! Outside My Window... It's a very gray 29th of February, and we are expecting a s...