Friday, February 2, 2018

All that Jazz . . .and all that Junk . . .

Can you believe it is February?  And that darn little ground hog saw his shadow!!  Oh well, what's six more weeks, right?

For those of you who don't use a desktop computer or lap top, you probably don't hear my music!  I love music and have it playing most of the time . . . even on my blog. 

February just screams . . . jazz me up!!  So, that's why you are hearing, Steve Tyrell, Diana Krall, Chris Izaak, and Nora Jones.  They all fit that jazzy bill for me.  And, they are all love songs, for February.

Now for the junky part.  I'm really loving the idea of a Junk Journal.  Have you seen them?  They are so interesting to me, different from scrap-booking, but kind of the same...here are some examples -



I found this one HERE.  I just love this idea...old books, old photo albums, all changed up and made into something of your own!  I have tons of photos and souvenirs, from anniversary trips that I just keep in a drawer.  Wouldn't they be lovely in a junk journal?!  It's a creative way to keep your thoughts in as well - I really need something other than my brain to keep my thoughts in...trust me on that one!


This one was a little more streamlined, less fluff and stuff, but I love it!  I couldn't find anyone to link it to, but don't you think it looks fun?! 


Here is another fun idea - lots of envelopes, that's what I would need, something to tuck my treasures into.  You can find this idea HERE.


This one just tugged at my heart, I love the vintage look, and again, I couldn't find the owner.  I have some beautiful napkins that I have collected from different places that would look so adorable, mod- podged on the front of an old book or tablet.  What do you do with old magazines?  Some of them have the most wonderful ideas and photos, but I hate keeping them, they just take up so much space.  Old fabric pieces that you just can't throw away would be perfect, even little pieces of lace and ribbon...oh, the possibilities!

I will keep you posted on what I will be making...this is going to be fun!!  If you have any great ideas about junk journals, please share, I would love to hear your ideas!

Have a great and safe week-end!

Hugs and Love,

Hugs and Love,

Barb



12 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

So good to see a post from you Barb! Spring is just around the corner, I promise! I have never made a junk journal, but I have been given some and I love them. I don't really know what to do with them. Would love to make them, but I don't think I have the patience these days! Hope you and Bob are both well! xoxo

Marie Rayner said...

PS - I love you! I have missed you! ((((hugs))))

Kimmie said...

Squishy hugs

Kimmie
xo

Vee said...

Those are beautiful! You will have such fun with that. The best I could do is make a smash book. Something like this would bog my peanut brain down. I’d be aiming for perfection. Happy February!

Shug said...

Love the idea of journals filled with all kinds of precious junk....I think this is super neat and I will most definitely be adding some of these to my journal collection. I too, have drawers filled with all kinds of keepsakes that I don't want to part with, but really have no place to put them. If anyone were to look in these spaces of mine, they would probably have some sure nuff think "What in the world is she keeping this stuff for" Happy February Barb...I always love visiting you here...

LeAnn said...

Wow, this was a fun post. I haven't ever heard about Junk journals. I do journal and this looks so fascinating. I looked at the links; what interesting ideas. I hope you do this one and I want to follow the process and see them.
I am wishing you a happy loving February. I love the old time love songs and plan to listen to a few.
Hope we can connect soon; love you dear friend. Hugs~

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I have seen those and think they are adorable. I look forward to seeing what you come up with

Marsha said...

Barb,
Well, I'm actually excited for that little old groundhog. Maybe with the six extra weeks we can get a little snow. Kind of barren around here.
I have never heard of a junk journal. I don't even do a regular journal (my blog is as good as it gets) let alone trying to take on a junk journal. Although, I must say they look a lot more interesting than just writing in a journal! It will be fun seeing what you come up with. You are a very creative person!
Take care, my friend - Marsha

Anonymous said...

Barb, I've not heard of junk journals before but I NEED one or two or three! Gorgeous! xo

Terra said...

Junk journals are new to me and I love to hear about new things; the ones you show are very cute and creative.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Hi Barb, I've never heard of junk journals...only junk drawers. haha! I think these are really neat and a great place to put all those paper mementos and photos, etc. Not sure I'd get one done, but it's an idea I'll file away for one of those times when I want to start a new project. They do look fun to do!
Take care and stay well!
xx Cheryl

lesa said...

I'm a magazine hoarder. They do take up a lot of space, so every once in awhile I sift through and thrift some of them. I love the idea of a junk journal. I'm going to take a look at the idea.

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...