Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Love, Grandma. . .


I love this photo.  My grandson is a great fisherman, and sometimes when he is fishing on the river, he'll take a photo of the sunset and send it to me . . . one of life's small pleasures.  He knows how much I love his photos, and he knows how much I love the river.  
And, I hope he knows how much I love him  . . .


I think he must of inherited his love of fishing from his grandfather, I'm just not sure which one.  I know that on both sides of his family, there were and are, lovers of the great outdoors.  Fishing blood runs deep!  He may of inherited it from one of his grandmother's...you never know ;0)  



Last night he sent me this gorgeous photo, it just took my breath away!  I love seeing the sun shining on the trees that are starting to change color, the pink sky . . . I love this photo.  

He will be going off to college this year, so I treasure every moment with him, even if it's through photography.  I'm not sure how he grew up so quickly, why, it was just last week that I was reading him bedtime stories and making him cookies . . . where does the time go?  

I know our relationship will continue to grow through the years, although it will be different than it is today.  I know he will have trials and hardships as he works his way through life, and I hope he knows that there are people who love him, and who are waiting to help him, and love him through anything he goes through.  I know that we will celebrate with him as well, and I can't wait for those moments!  Life has so much to offer, so much joy, so much happiness, so much life!  

Although, I do have a little advise for him . . . 

A lot of people will want to give you advise.  Some will be good and some, not so good.  My advice - talk to your parents, they always have your best interest in mind...just sayin'.

You will make mistakes.  It might not seem like it at the time, but mistakes will help you grow and learn.  Don't beat yourself up when mistakes happen, learn from them.

Never give up on your dreams!  As you get older, sometimes your dreams might fade, and some people will tell you that you will never be a super hero!  Don't believe them, almost anything is possible if you believe it, and really want it.

When you go to college, learn as much as you can.  The world you live in now will be a lot more fun if you learn all you can about it.

Work hard at whatever you do in life...hard work never hurt anyone!

Be nice to people, because everyone is important in your life, and you will learn a lesson from every single person you meet.  Don't judge anyone by how they look, what language they speak, or the color of their skin.  Be especially nice to those who don't seem like they deserve it, somewhere, they all had or have, someone who loves/loved them.  You will never have to worry about that one . . . you will always be loved.  

Show compassion to everyone you meet, and be a good listener.  The world needs more good listeners.  But most importantly, listen to that still small voice, you will never have any regrets if you will just, listen.

Pray always . . . you will never get the wrong answer if you just ask.

Have fun, never stop having fun!!  Some people stop having fun when they get old, and you know what?!  They get old because they stop having fun!!  

Remember who you are.  You are a, 
child of God, always remember that.


Love, Grandma.



9 comments:

Marsha said...

That top picture is Amazing. Your grandson really knows how to take a picture. Wow grandma, you really gave some sound advise......Perfect!

Saimi said...

Aw Barb what a sweet letter. It's obvious he knows how much you love him as he is returning your love by thinking of you when he sees a sunset. You have a wonderful relationship with your grandson I hope and pray I have the same with my grandsons when they get older.
You're an inspiration!

A Joyful Chaos said...

Gorgeous photos, and great advice.

Blessings~

Jill said...

Absolutely gorgeous pictures! The post made me cry as my mom always loved her sunset pictures and knowing she won't be here to see her grand girls off to college just hit me hard.... she always enjoyed the beauty of nature and so loved her grand girls. Treasure every day and every moment and I can just feel the love you have for him... a true gift to love and be loved so completely. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Blessings,
Jill

Vee said...

Wise advice...

Anonymous said...

Barb, such beautiful wisdom for your dear grandson. What a treasure you are to him and he to you. Love the pictures!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Such a great letter to your grandson. Aren't they just the best!!! You are a wonderful grandmother I can tell.
Yes, those are some calendar worthy photos.
I do love the Fall colors we are enjoying right now.
Stunning for sure.

LeAnn said...

I loved every word you wrote as a letter to our endearing grandson. I would want him to read an live by all of your thoughts. You are the best dearest friend of mine. I love that young man so much and he is the best of grandsons.
His photo is so breathtaking and I think it will make a great graphic too.
I do think he has inherited his love for fishing from both sides. His great grandparents loved going fisihing and we do too. We hope to do some fishing ourselves.
I really loved this post and thank you for it! Blessings, love and hugs to you two!

Sue said...

I absolutely loved this post, Barb, you gave your grandson some of the best advise ever, sounds like your relationship with him is similar to mine with our grandsons, who love to fish too! I am one of the grandmothers who loves to fish too!~wink~
Loved the photos as well as your soothing music.
Blessings,
Sue

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...