Saturday, August 5, 2017

Thoughtful Spot Sunday . . . I would follow Thee . . .




You see, it should be easy to live my religion, it should be as automatic as breathing, a simple reflection of everything I believe.  What would people know about me by the way they see me behave? Am I honest?  Do I tell the truth?  When I say I'll do something, do I do it?  Do I refrain from coarseness or swearing, even if people around me do not?  Do I discourage gossip?  Am I kind? Do I serve others without being asked?  These are some things I need to ponder on . . .

Today, and everyday, let me find the ways to express the best my religion has to offer as I do the most ordinary, everyday things.  It would be nice to be able to inspire other people by what they see in me but, much more important, for myself,  I need to be an exemplar of the way of life, Jesus taught us. My prayer is that, I would follow Thee - Monday through Saturday as well as on Sunday.  Help me to live the Gospel in all the ordinary ways, and in all the ordinary days; help me to be ever worthy of they love . . . 



LORD I WOULD FOLLOW THEE
By Susan McCloud 

Savior, may I learn to love thee,
Walk the path that thou hast shown,
Pause to help and lift another,
Finding strength beyond my own.
Savior, may I learn to love thee
Lord, I would follow thee


Who am I to judge another
When I walk imperfectly?
In the quiet heart is hidden
Sorrow that the eye can't see.
Who am I to judge another?
Lord, I would follow thee.


I would be my brother's keeper;
I would learn the healer's art.
To the wounded and the weary
I would show a gentle heart.
I would be my brother's keeper
Lord, I would follow thee.


Savior, may I love my brother
As I know thou lovest me,
Find in thee my strength, my beacon,
For thy servant I would be.
Savior, may I learn to love thee
Lord, I would follow thee.



.
Hugs and Love,

Barb

~Comments are closed~

No comments:

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...