Saturday, August 26, 2017

Around the House . . .



This morning I was out changing the water and puttering around the yard with my phone, so I decided to take a few random photos

 The canal is getting clear, which means that the farmers aren't using so much water as they were a few weeks ago.  It's getting to be that time of year again.


My poor little Petunias, I think they almost shriveled up and died during all the hot weather.  I love it when the nights start getting cooler, because the flowers perk up as well.  I have really enjoyed these pretty little double Petunias this year.  

And then look what I came across . . . I almost jumped out of my shoes!!  I should of put my hand next to him to show how big he was, but I was afraid he would bite me (I'm such a baby... :0) ).  He was as big as my thumb, and I have big hands!  I hurried into the house to see what he was.  He or maybe she, is a Western tiger swallowtail caterpillar, or Papilio Rutulus, Fifth Instar Caterpiller.  They have marks on their bodies that look like eyes so predators will thing they're snakes . . . eeeekkkk!
Western tiger swallowtail caterpillars from Idaho, change color from green to brown prior to purging and then seeking pupation.



This is what he will turn into . . .isn't he a beauty! 

(Photo from Wikipedia)

The other day my husband and I washed windows.  It feels so good to look at them now, all clean and shiny.  They say clean windows are a reflection of what's inside . . what a nice thought!


Hope you all have a wonderful week-end!
Hugs and Love,

Barb

3 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful, Barb, you live in such a serene place, I love it when my windows and porch are clean. Have a blessed week-end too!
Blessings,
Sue

Billie Jo said...

Hello Barb!
I really like the look around your space here!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos...
And yes. I wish my windows were clean!
Have a cozy Sunday. : )

Cindy said...

Beautiful photos! That butterfly is stunning! Love your petunias. I injured my back at the start of Spring and wasn't able to plant any flowers this year. Can't wait for next Spring!

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...