Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Just Stuff . . .

It's been a kind of slow week, we have been busy with just everyday life, and it feels really good...it's good to get back to a regular schedule.

A while back we were coming home from the, " big city", and noticed a rainbow just coming straight up from the ground . . . very unusual!


Can you see it?  It was just before sunset so it was pretty dark, but I thought it was beautiful!  I'm sure it must have been a reflection off of the snow or something, but I thought it was so pretty.  We sometimes see strange things as we are driving, but can't always stop to take pictures. This was right in front of us so, no problem.


Remember the Amaryllis that I posted about a month or so ago?  It blossomed again!  It made me very happy, I just love them.  These flowers made a total of 12 that have bloomed on this one plant. I'm going to try to keep in a cool dry spot, and hopefully, it will blossom next year - I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Last Friday, we went to the, Simplot Games, to watch my grandson compete throwing shot-put .  The annual Simplot Games track-and-field meet offers high school athletes the opportunity to go head-to-head against the finest competitors among their peers in the U.S. and Canada. There were even competitors there from Australia.




Christian, my grandson, threw 47 feet, which qualified him to throw, and perhaps place the next day. He didn't place on Saturday, but did really good, considering he was competing against some of the best high school athletes in the world.  We are so proud of him!

After the games, we picked Clara up to have a sleep over with grandma and grandpa.  She was so excited!  She has never stayed the night with us before (she had trouble sleeping in her own bed... ;0) ).  But, now that she's 5, she sleeps all night in her own bed and is such a big girl!



Glow sticks are always a hit with kids and she had fun with this one.


She also sang songs to Cole, with all the hand motions . . . he was not impressed,  although he loved the attention.  She has always been my little grand who will just go sit on his dog bed, she loves Cole, regardless of how hairy and stinky he can get.


Cole loves the kids, but is always relieved when they go home - it's hard on this old boy.  Gotta love dog noses!

Until next time!

XOXO,

Barb

9 comments:

Jill said...

Your granddaughter is just precious and your dog is so sweet!! Love the first picture and the flower is one of my favorites, always seems to bloom well especially indoors :-) Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Blessings,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Clara, looks so sweet and snug as a bug in bed! Cole looks like a charmer. Love the flowers - I'm trying to decide if the color is a pink or more a salmon color.

Marsha said...

Ok, Barb....what color of green did you use to paint your thumb?...I've had an Amaryllis for a number of years and other than the bloom it already had on it when it was purchased, it has never bloomed since.
Aren't grand kids just the best thing, ever!
Take Care - Marsha

Just Ramblin' said...

Sleepovers with Grandchildren are so special. Clara is adorable and I'm sure she loved being with you. I can't believe your flower has bloomed that many times. You must have a green thumb. It is beautiful. How exciting for you and your grandson as he was able to participate in the shot-put and compete with so many others. What a great family you have! Nola

Vee said...

What a darling houseguest and one willing to perform for the dog...fabulous! Dogs can certainly be longsuffering. hahahaha...

LeAnn said...

That is an unusual picture of a rainbow. It probably was a reflectiion in the snow. I wish we could go and see Christian throw. We are missing the whole thing; dang I hate that. Keep taking photos when you can.
I like the idea of a sleep over with the Grands; we haven't had that sweet moment for a very long time. That little Clara is so adorable and Iove that sweet dog of yours. You had some great photos on this one. Love and miss you dear friend. Are you thawing out yet? We still have some snow on the ground but not that much. I am a bit worried about flooding this year. Blessings and hugs for you both~

Beckey said...

We had a sleep over with our 5 year old grandson the same weekend. He must have had fun since he's already trying to plan another one.

I've never seen a vertical rainbow before. Too cool!!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Such sweet pictures of your granddaughter! And I love the shot of the vertical rainbow. Your grandson did a great job with all the competition, I know it was fun to watch! Take care! Hugs, Cheryl

Saimi said...

Congratulations to your grandson, he did a great job with the tough competition he was up against! Your little granddaughter is so sweet I love that she loves Cole. It's so fun when they stay over and such a special time for both the grandchildren and grandparents.

Have a great weekend Barb, great shot by the way with the rainbow. I love the way God paints the sky!

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...