Thursday, February 4, 2016

A little of this and that . . .


Just a few thoughts of this and that tonight.  I went to the eye doctor earlier in the week, and he said that I should try contacts . . . I've tried them before, and they are great, but they make my eyes so dry.  I have Glaucoma, and the Dr. is concerned that I'm not wearing sunglasses enough.  So, he gave me a weeks worth of daily contacts to try.   My poor eyes are pretty irritated tonight, I'm not sure what the verdict will be.  Contacts would be really nice for photographing, glasses are a pain, when you are trying to take a picture.  What do you think, should I give it a shot?  My eyes look bloodshot, and very tired tonight.


Another stray thought . . . I miss having little ones around.  I think if I did it all over again, I would be such a different kind of mother.  I was talking to my daughter on the phone tonight, when she walked into the bathroom and found her youngest, little, sitting on the sink washing the mirror with hand soap.  When I was her age, I would have been stern, and given him a talking to.  This is what she did . . .


She took his picture, and told him that the mirror really did need to be washed, but that he needed to let mommy help him next time. so cute!  He did get a little bit of a lecture about climbing on the cupboards.  Oh, we must treasure every moment, they go by so quickly :0)

Another thought.  Years ago, when I was a working girl. I had a cassette tape of Linda Ronstadt, singing lullaby's.  I used to listen to it on my way home from work to de-stress.   I loved it and think of it often when I am with my little's.  She has such a beautiful voice.  My favorite song on the tape was, We will Rock You.  I was so happy when I found it, give it a listen!


More thought on motherhood . . . This beautiful woman, Alice, is like a mother to my sweet little grands.  She loves them so much and is so good to them.  She also loves my daughter, and is like a second mother to her.  I can always depend on her, as I am 30 miles away, and she is just around the corner!  I always say, a woman can NEVER have too many moms.  I love her too, she is a wonderful friend, and such a good influence on my grands and my daughter.


More randomness!  I love to draw, and my favorite subjects are, American Indians.  They are so beautiful, and have the most wonderful features.  A few years ago, (and when I say that, I mean 35 years ago) I drew this picture . . .



This is one I'd like to draw to go with it . . . so beautiful and proud!


Well, my eyes hurt, and I'm tired because I've been listening to lullaby's!  Good night all, or good morning to some!

XXOO,

9 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Good morning, Barb!
Your little grand baby is precious...
And don't be hard on yourself.
We all have things we would change.
But just a thought...
Your daughter learned how to be a loving mother from you!
So, job well done!
Have a nice weekend, my friend. : )

Vee said...

I'm relating to you with the eye issues. I hope that your eyes are feeling better soon. You must be on some special drops. I know that I couldn't function without Systane. I must be on a product placement kind of week. =D

Marsha said...

Barb.....my daughter had the same problem trying to use contacts. She actually found some sun glasses that fit right over the top of regular glasses. She loves them. Whatever your decision, I hope your eyes feel better, soon.
Me too, I would totally do the mothering thing differently...
Linda Ronstadt has such a beautiful. I loved listening to her.
Oh my, your artwork is fabulous. When your eyes get better, you need to really do more drawings - beautiful!

Marie Rayner said...

There is nothing worse than tired eyes. I can relate. I have PVD (Posterior Vitreous Detachment) in one eye and I get flashing lights and lots of floaters in it because of this. It can never be made better, so I have just had to learn to live with it. I can also relate to your thoughts about motherhood. I wish when I was younger I had realized just how quickly those years would pass and how much I would miss them. Perhaps my priorities might have been a bit different. Nevermind. I did the best I knew how to do at the time, as do we all! I don't think anyone gets to our stage in life without thinking about things they would have liked to have done better! Your art is beautiful. I am in awe of your talents. Happy Weekend! xoxo

Barb said...

Marie - my husband has PVD as well, and it's very hard for him at times. Growing older is not for sissies!

Thank you for your sweet comments, it's been two or three years since I have really sat down to draw, it's one of those things that you have to have time for with no interruptions. I just need to make that happen!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

You have such beautiful blue eyes! I wore contacts for many years but gave them up because I have astigmatism as well as nearsightedness. I need new glasses and have thought about asking if there are new contacts that I could wear now. I hate glasses. lol! But I'd still have to have reading glasses.
Your drawing is fantastic! You are too good an artist to give it up. I hope you try drawing the other Indian, too.
Your little grands are so cute and I know you were an excellent mother and your daughter learned much from you.
Have a nice weekend!

LeAnn said...

Oh my dear friend you would look beautiful with or without glasses. I tried contacts for a while and had dry eye problems. Roger thought my eye wrinkles didn't show up as much with glasses. I did like contacts and think about using them again. I think I got upset very easily when children did things like that. I would like to have been a more patient mother. Being a grandmother is totally different. I love the music; sweet. You are so talented and creative and now you are a true artist; I love it. I love Native American art. Our sweet daughter is so creative too. I know your youngest daughter is so busy with the little ones; it is awesome she has a mom friend Love you so much dear friend and thanks for being such a choice friend. Hugs,

Kerin said...

Beautiful Barb, I loved this post, and seeing some of your artwork. You are talented, my friend!!
What a sweet little mama your daughter is. I too would have reacted differently to a kid on the counter .... ***sigh**. I think I was in too big of a hurry to have my kids grow up. And, grow up they did!!
I'm anxiously awaiting Grands, and I have no idea when our married son and his wife will begin their family, but I think I will be a wonderful, and patient grandma :) Life lessons learned.

How wonderful that you have a dear friend to be close to your daughter and Grands... a blessing to be sure

I had contacts years and years ago, and I could never get the durn things to feel comfortable. It always felt like I had sand in my eyes! I gave up on glasses.. and contacts. Lately, I've decided that it's time to visit the eye dr. again and get glasses. I can barely read the clock!

Thanks for adding the sweet Linda Ronstadt song. It's a version I've never heard before. As a teen, we used that song as a fight song against a rival school. It worked .. we took state in football that year :)

{{hugs}}
~K.

Shug said...

Hi Barb......I sure enjoyed all your randomness in this post. Who Knew? that you were such a good artist! Beautiful work my sweet friend. I'm with you...anyone that loves your children and grandchildren are worthy of being called a great friend or a second mom. Sometimes it takes many of us to make sure that our precious babies get the BEST raising! Hope the contacts wok for you. I tried the one contact thing (Once) but it just did not work for me. I'm guessing that you all are still pretty much in the dead of Winter. My daffodils are blooming so maybe we have Spring just around our corner... Hugs to you.

Leap Day . . .

  I need to hurry and get this post up before tomorrow! Outside My Window... It's a very gray 29th of February, and we are expecting a s...