Friday, October 30, 2015

A Peek into my Week . . .


Something from my Playlist . . . Just a little something for Halloween . . . Gotta love Frank!





Mother Nature . . . It's cold outside!  I guess that's nothing new for October in Idaho.  Right now the sun is shining, and that is a good thing, I'll take sunshine over snow, although we are having a drought, so we really need all the moisture we can get!  

On My Mind . . . We had a birthday yesterday!  Our sweet little Tanner turned 2!  He is adorable, cuddly, sweet and such a good boy, we love him!  Tanny is our last little grand, we sure do think he's special!  I forgot my camera, so the photos are from my phone,  and the quality isn't so good.

Tanny and Mommy.

Too sweet!

Such a handsome boy!!

Comfort from the Kitchen . . . My husband gave me an early birthday present . . . 



I'm really excited to start making some yummy meals with this pressure cooker.  My daughter has one, and she loves it.  I remember when I got married, I got a small pressure cooker and really did use it a lot, but I remember it being kind of scary, I was always afraid it would blow up!  This one is almost full proof, and has so many cool features.  You can steam, slow cook (goodbye 20 year old slow cooker!) and even make yogurt!

In a Nutshell . . . We will be leaving next week to go on our annual river trip down the Salmon river.  I'm really excited to go, but, it is going to be cold!  I will be taking a few projects with me, some really good books to read, and a  few crafty things.  It's always a fun time, but this year, two weeks sounds like a long time!  We will get home right before Thanksgiving, unless we are snowed out!


Oh boy, I love this river!


Just Sayin' . . . 

Happy Halloween!!

XO,



10 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Happy Halloween!!!!!
And Happy Birthday to your little pumpkin! : )
Have a Spooky Weekend, my friend!

Dee said...

I love when you share songs from your playlist and Tanner is so adorable. Two years old is such a precious age. Spending time at the river sounds very relaxing, too... :)

Happy Halloween!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Tanner is such a cute little guy! Such a fun age! Have a great trip. Idaho is a beautiful state.

Anonymous said...

Happy Halloween Barb! and Happy Birthday too! Tanner looks so sweet. and I'm guessing that is a Gymboree t shirt! :-)

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Happy Birthday to Tanner! He is a cutie! And Happy Halloween to you, Barb! Have fun on your trip and take lots of photos of that beautiful area.

Shug said...

your little Tanner is such a nice looking little guy!! Happy Birthday to hime..... I love celebrating special days with the grands....time passes so fast and before you know it, this little fella will be a teenager! :(
We are getting Lots of rain....flooding in some areas. The temps are even cooler!! yea! I hope you take lots of pictures while on your trip.... Sounds like a FUN time!! take some warm clothes and sit out by the fire...think of me when doing so. I'd love to be up there, out on this cold trip with you!! Have fun!! Stay safe!

Marsha said...

I just got home from Utah this past Wednesday. My daughter and I decided to go so I got to spend an entire week with my little grandson. Aren't grand-kids just the greatest thing, EVER!
Tanner looks like such a sweet little boy. Glad you got to spend time with him on his special day.
My husband got me an electric pressure cooker a few years ago for Christmas and I've actually never used it. I guess I should get it out, dust it off, and put it to good use. I guess it's just new and different and I'm not quite sure how to use it.
Have a fun trip on the Salmon river. Hope the weather holds out and you are able to enjoy every minute!

RoeH said...

I don't even know what a person cooks in a pressure cooker. I remember my mother having one and the threat was to stay away from it in case it blew up. I never did ever get one for myself. Nice post!

Kerin said...

Oh my goodness, your Grand is so sweet! Happy 2nd to him!!

Happy early birthday to you too!!
You will LOVE your electric pressure cooker!! Those things are amazing, and I love everything that they can do. I used mine so much, I wore it out**grin***. I need a new one!
My favorite feature of those electric pressure cookers, is the brown and then pressure cook feature.
Sure makes a delicious, and tender roast! Of course the slow cook feature is awesome too.
You will wonder how you ever got by without one :)

Have a great time, and be safe on your trip.
Take lots of pictures to share too.

Smiles :)
~K.

LeAnn said...

Oh, that sweet grandson of yours; just so adorable. I just love your sweet Jessica. I can tell she is a precious little Mom. I have one of the pressure cookers and I haven't even tried it yet. I am still scared. I do think it will be fun and I need to just plan a meal and do it. If you come up with a good recipe or two; send them to me. I need to have stuff on hand to feed the missionaries; which could be often.
Have a wonderful trip and enjoy reading those books. I am wondering if I can read a good novel once in a while; maybe from an LDS author. Well dear friend; miss you and hope to see you sometime.
Sending lots of love and hugs your way.

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...