Fall is certainly in the air! The dog days of summer are almost gone, and we will soon see the snow start to fall in my neck of the woods. We have had a wonderful warm Autumn, and I will be sad to see it end - and end it must! As I was poking around my yard today, I was noticing the subtle changing of the leaves - most are still beautiful and green . . . but fading fast. Some trees have a few yellow and gold leaves peeking through every now and again, to remind me of the changing season. I can remember when some of my grandchildren were smaller, they would rake the leaves into big piles and then throw the leaves into the air and watch them fall onto the freshly raked grass. I can still see the smiles on their sweet little red-cheeked faces, as they jumped and twirled around as the yellow, orange and brown leaves fell around them. . . cherished moments. The dog loved it though, he would make himself a nice little bed in the leaves after they were gone!
I am looking forward to cooler days! It’s the nip in the air at this time of year that energizes and awakens my senses and renews my spirit! I have had a wonderful summer, full of fun, quiet moments, busy times, changes that I knew would come, some good, and some not so good. For me, the change in seasons is the perfect time to reflect on those changes that have come, and make new changes in my life - good changes, simple changes that can make me feel better about who I am and who I want to be.
Here's a list of things I'm pondering on - feel free to ponder with me!
1. What is it I want right now? How can I be even more true to myself? What can I do to surround myself with more beauty? What do I need to do to feel closer to the Savior?
2. What routines would I like to “fall back” into? What are some old hobbies I would like to bring back into my life? What is it that I really miss doing or participating in?
3. What is holding me back? What keeps getting in my way or holding me back? What clutter can be cleared from my home and life?
4. What am I ready to tackle this Fall? What changes or fixes have I been putting off? What steps can I take in order to get things done? I want to be like a child and jump into the pile of leaves! I need to bring back that wonderful childhood energy and start something new!
5. What things or activities do I need to start saying “no” to? What is it that’s draining my energy?