Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Projects . . .



I took down my Christmas tree today, it's always sad . . . but I was so ready.  I love decorating for Christmas, but I'm so glad when I can get my life back to normal. Everything looks so clean and fresh, I guess that's a good way to start the new year.

I love this picture, I especially love the little boy, peeking out from under the quilt.  I remember doing that when my grandmother would tie a quilt.  I would sit underneath and play, listening to my grandmother talk to the ladies who helped, most of them relatives in one way or another.  I've decided that my next project will be making a quilt for my bed.  I have been meaning to for a long time, but have not made the time to do it.  It will be fun picking out the colors and deciding how to put them together. I'm not much of a quilter, so I will probably piece it, maybe a nine patch, and then tie it.   I would love to truly make a quilted, quilt . . . maybe one day.

I have several old quilted quilts, one that my great grandmother made, and another than my grandmother made.  They really need to be repaired as some of the stitching has come out and some of the fabric has deteriorated.  I would love to display them, but I'm afraid that that would do more harm than good.  I'm not even sure if I should repair them or not.  I'll have to do some research and see what I find.

Have a warm evening, Barb

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love your posts. You may not know this at all, but quilts remind me so much of you. When I was little i remember you coming over to help my mom with lots of quilts. I sat underneath and watched Snow White.

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...