Friday, January 1, 2010

Beginnings . . .



Happy New Year everyone - I hope that you all had a happy and safe New Year's Eve.

I woke up to another snowy, beautiful day!  It's a new year and I have decided that I need to make a few lot of changes.  I always put the same things on my long list of new year resolutions -  losing weight, exercising more, being more organized, be a better mom, be a better wife, etc . . . After doing some research, I found out that most New Year Resolutions, fail by the middle of February!  I don't want to make resolutions and have them fail in a month!  So, I went over my "Reflections List" and decided that I would pick just two things to concentrate on this year, instead of a dozen things that I can't accomplish! 

First,  I feel like I need to take responsibility for who and what I want to become, it's up to me to be the best person that I can be.  I am the only one that can change the course of my life, I am the only one in control of my thoughts and actions, and I am the only one who can make it happen.  Denis Waitley said:

“A sign of wisdom and maturity is when you come to terms with the realization that your decisions cause your rewards and consequences. You are responsible for your life, and your ultimate success depends on the choices you make."  


Second, I need to improve my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  I don't think we can ever stop trying to do all that we can to make that relationship the best it can be.  I feel like it is my responsibility to develop a personal, warm, and loving understanding of the Savior, that only through Him, can I realize my greatest potential as a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a daughter,  a sister and a daughter of God.   By following the example of Christ, and trying to be the best I can be, will truly bring out the best in others.

Looks like I have my work cut out for me - I better get started!

I hope  your journey through 2010, is a good one - I hope that all your hopes and dreams are realized and that you find true happiness in your life.

Many blessings for 2010, Barb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have great priorities for the new year. May God grant you the perseverance you need to meet your goals.

Laura

Finally April~

  I know, I'm a little late, but I finally made it! Outside my window ~   I can't even tell you how happy I am that April is here!  ...