Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ginger Tea Time . . .


It seems like I just got over being sick, and now I have a cold!  It never fails, Christmas just wipes me out - I usually get sick on Christmas day, so fortunately, I will only be sick for New Year's Day!  The week after Christmas is always so slow for me, Bob is home, but it seems like we never get the things accomplished that we planned on, now I am sick!  I  know that for me, I always get sick when things are up in the air, and it seems like the last year, I have been flying!  I'm hoping that the new year will bring some positive and peaceful changes in my life and maybe, just maybe, I can get my feet on the ground. I'm hoping that my new year "reflections" list will help me get on track again.

I have some fresh ginger just calling my name - it's waiting for me to grate it and make a cup of hot tea with honey in it - sounds good doesn't it?














Ginger Tea
4 cups boiling water
2 inch piece of fresh ginger
Honey or lemon - optional 

Boil the water, peel the ginger - you can grate the ginger or just make thin slices and put it in the water after it has boiled and cooled down for just a minute or so.  You can strain the ginger if you like, but I just keep it in my tea pot, add honey and lemon if desired.  Good for flu, colds, tummy upset and sore throat.

Have a great day - stay well.

Blessings, Barb

2 comments:

Karen Beth said...

I love your background on your blog. It is so cute. I am so sorry you are sick. What can I do to help. I know the blog is not the place to do it, but when you feel better and I feel like I can talk about things, we need to get together for a good old chat. I want you to teach me how to put music on my blog sometime too. Take care of yourself and please let me know how I can help. Love you, Karen

Anonymous said...

May God bless you and heal you quickly!
Laura

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...