Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Yummy new Recipe!


I am posting a recipe for Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas that I got from The Sisters' Cafe blog.  I changed it out a little bit, but it is delicous!  You have to try it! 


HONEY LIME CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

1.5 lbs chicken, cooked and shredded - I used chicken.  I just put frozen chicken breasts in a pan with water and cooked until done - that way I can save the broth.  You can also use pork.

Sauce:
1/3 c honey
1/4 c lime juice
1 Tb chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder

1 1/2 large cans green enchilada sauce ( I used mild - frees the rest of the enchilada sauce in a baggy)
equal parts mixed together of:
Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
cheddar cheese, shredded
flour tortillas (I used half flour and half corn.  I wrap the tortillas in a clean towel and put them in the microwave for a minute or two to soften before filling).

Mix together sauce ingredients then add to shredded pork or chicken. Let the sauce soak into the meat for about 30 minutes.

Lightly spray 2 pans with non-stick baking spray. (I used one 9x13 .  You may have to use another 9x9 but it will depend on how thick you stuff your enchiladas) Pour green enchilada sauce into pan(s) to coat the entire bottom. Fill tortillas with shredded meat and desired amount of cheese. Roll and place in dish.

Pour remainder of sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle more cheese on top - don't be stingy with the sauce or the cheese!  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Then turn on broiler and place enchiladas nearer the top of oven. Let it broil until cheese is slightly brown and crispy. 

You can go to the Sisters' Cafe blog and see the picture - this is a really yummy and easy dish to put together - and it's even better the second day!  Enjoy

1 comment:

The Stewart said...

Sounds yummy. I saw thatblog and thought it would be good. Nowwe have to try it

Happy Spring!

  Outside my window . . .  Two weeks ago this is what it looked like.  We had a  huge winter storm, and got 12 inches of new snow!  It was c...